Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Just a Little Christmas Sewing

I've had a wonderful Christmas that we managed to stretch over 6 days and three states.  With my temporary mobility limits my gift sewing was limited this year.  I did finish a few little pouches.

In addition to the double zip pouch I shared with you a few days ago, I made three boxy pouches for my three men. 

How nice I had just the right fabric in my stash for my baseball fan, movie critic and star wars fan.  I used this easy to follow tutorial by The Seasoned Homemaker.

I couldn't resist purchasing Gilmore Girls fabric from aprilcobbsdesign on Etsy for the women in my men's lives.  Very timely I thought!!

You recognize this as Anna's wide open pouch tutorial of course.

So that's it...7 pouches, 8 zippers, 36 boxed corners and 7 happy recipients!

It's time to start thinking of 2017 sewing goals!  I have a LONG list that I need to prioritize!





2 comments:

  1. Kathy, All of your pouches are just lovely! On the Gilmore Girls pouches, did you use Soft and Stable? I'm assuming you quilted them before sewing them together? I would love your thoughts if you have a second...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Soft and Stable is my new favorite for bags and pouches. It is surprisingly easy to sew through and adds great shape to the finished product. And yes, I quilted all the exteriors before finishing. The tutorial by noodle head is terrific!

      Delete

How nice of you to take the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...