Friday, November 15, 2013

A Few More Berner Pillows

It has been a busy week with lots of non-sewing activities.  My sewing table is piled up with projects.
But I did manage to baste and quilt a quilt top that has been in the quilting queue for over a year.

I will have more pictures of this quilt soon, but for now suffice it to say that using a black fabric as the backing is a sure fire way to have ALL of your quilting errors stand out.  Yup.  Clear as can be.  Oh well.

You might remember these pillows I made for the Men in My Life.  Well, it turns out I have friends with Bernese Mountain Dogs and some remaining fabric so I just have to make a few more pillows.  A flurry of scraps later, I have these four pillow tops:

Linking up with Amanda Jean's finish it up Friday.
Kathy

5 comments:

  1. Your work space looks like mine! Great pillows...love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you organize with ziploc bags too - my favourite organizing tool!!! Love your Bernese Mountain dog pillows, the fussy cut centres are amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are planning for a busy weekend spent sewing? Congrats on your finished quilt... But, even with that black backing, I don't see any quilting errors! Those four pillow tops are sweet and I am sure your friends will be surprised and delighted to receive them! Great job on all, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the pillows all coordinate with the same centers, but the piecing is different. Congrats on getting another quilt quilted. I love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your quilt and your piloows, that bernese dogs fabric looks amazing. I have a queue of quilts waiting for basting and quilting and my table looks exactly like yours. Oh well! Off to start a new week...

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to take the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...