Sunday, September 22, 2013

A Lovely Non-Sewing Quilting Weekend

It has been a very nice weekend for many reasons.  The weather here in New England has been lovely.  Fall decorations are beginning to pop up everywhere (and the rain hasn't started to droop the corn stalks).  My son and his wife both have just accepted terrific new jobs in their respective professions.  The Red Sox are moving to post season play and the Patriots are 3 and 0.  AND (not to diminish the value of the above)  I have had a very special non-sewing weekend!

Yesterday I attended two classes with Debby Brown, a Handi-Quilter instructor, hosted by Bits and Pieces in Pelham, NH.  The first class was entitled TNT:  Tension Needles and Threads.  I feel so much better about approaching the tension issues with my new baby as well as experimenting with threads other than 50wt cotton!
The second class was about rulers.  To date, I have focused on free motion quilting, never thinking I would ever be so disciplined to be able to make rulers work in my quilting.  Well...now, I am thinking using rulers might be a fun addition to my quilting!  Debby is a great teacher, so informative and very funny!

And as long as I was at Bits and Pieces, well, I just had to do a little fabric shopping.  
I thought these might work very well with the Great Pumpkin collection:
So much fun!  Linking up with Finding Fifth Sunday Stash!

Hope you had a wonderful weekend!
Kathy

3 comments:

  1. So nice to take some classes and then be able to take that learning home and try out new things - I looove doing that. Your new machine looks awesome - I am sure you are going to get up to some good fun with her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, those are wonderful fabrics. Sounds to me like those classes will help you with your machine quilting. I am so glad that you showed a picture of your baby. I was wondering what brand of machine you got. I am going to look on google to read all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great classes. I can't wait to see what you do with your quilting next! The new fabrics are just gorgeous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to take the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...