Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Making progress!

It is finally spring here in New England.
So nice to plant some flowers.
The beautiful flowering azalea bush outside my bathroom window.  If a plant can be special this one is.  It was originally planted by my father at my parents home.  When they passed we uprooted this plant; it reminds me of mom and dad every time I see it.

After a couple of weeks of traveling, I am back to my sewing machine!  Yeah!  Here is the next project:
I had no particular goal in mind here, just to work on some happy fabric...and Vintage Modern certainly fits the bill!
Drawing diagonal lines across 288 squares (half of them are 1.5"!) is slow but a lovely mindless activity.

I am thrilled to be back working on the Seaglass Quilt...
12 bobbins of thread and I think I have worn out the tips of the quilting gloves!  Yikes!
I've even started to work on the coordinating pillows!  Hopefully I will have a finished quilt to share with you soon...man, that is A LOT of binding to hand sew on!

I am on a fabric-abstinence BUT I just couldn't resist this (for OBVIOUS reasons):

Fabric is part of North by Northwest collection.  What should I do with this???

So happy to be back chatting with all of you!  Linking up with the fun linky party at Freshly Pieced!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. The azalea is beautiful! And how precious that it is a sweet memory of your parents.

    I can't say that I enjoy drawing lines. I tend to save it for when I'm watching a show with my husband. I can't stand to sit in front of the tv without something to do with my hands. And the show keeps me from being bored from drawing lines.

    Your seaglass quilt is gorgeous! It will be fun to snuggle up under it to sew the binding.

    Thanks for sharing!

    -Bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your seaglass quilt is gorgeous, and the new one will be too! I have the same gloves, and after many quilts the fingers were nearly black--I hand washed them with some gentle soap (like ivory, I think) and rinsed them a bunch, and air dried, and got a whole new life out of them. Definitely try washing them before replacing them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeeey for Spring! You are working with very pretty fabric!
    Ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to take the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...