Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy 2013!

In my quilting life, 2012 will be remembered as the year IT ALL STARTED...the quilting addiction!  I can't begin to express how much I have enjoyed this adventure so far.  But I think both my family who have watched my growing enthusiasm for the sport (and the growing fabric stash!) and you, my fellow craft bloggers know just what I mean!

I feel like I have reached the next level of quilter legitimacy as I was able to create more than one Christmas gift from fabric that I just had on hand...oh my!  AND I ended the year with a little pile of UFO's.  From what I have read, every respectable quilter has a pile of UFO's at all times.  First, are the first few quilt tops I assembled in 2012 that I was holding off quilting until my skills improved.
And then I have a little pile of squares from the Craftsy Block of the Month that I need to assemble into a quilt top.
Not too bad a list of WIP's for the end of my first year!  {applause} THEREFORE, the only thing left to do, was to start more new projects!!  I was so thrilled to be asked by my son and his wife to make a wedding present for a friend of theirs.  (Picture me running to the sewing room throwing fat quarters and project ideas at them for their agreement!)  This little pile of fabric is on its way to being that gift:
I had intended to start this next project in December, but I got a little distracted by my Elf duties.  The fabric is Christmas Spirit and the pattern is the Serendipity Quilt(s) by Missouri Star Quilt Company (my first adventure with a jelly roll).
Talk about an early start for the holidays!  And what better way to start the new year than linking up to:
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

PS  I have really enjoyed all the sewing year end collages in everyone's blogs!  If I had the technical ability, I would summarize my brief (but relatively productive!) first year of quilting.  Oh well, I guess that is something else to learn in 2013!  Yeah!

2 comments:

  1. You have a lovely blog, and what gorgeous WIP's!! Smiles from South Africa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What beautiful WIP's and congratulations on making it to the next level! LOL I loved that!

    I love the pile of fabric ready for a wedding quilt gift!

    Happy 2013!

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to take the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...