Friday, January 11, 2013

Bordering on Healthy!

Despite my foggy state of mind this week, I was able to muster the focus needed to add borders to finish two quilt tops.  The first I told you about on Wednesday's post :

I also completed the sashing and borders for my very first BOM, the Craftsy 2012 with the wonderful Amy Gibson (who seriously has the cutest picture of her twin babies on her blog today...but of course I would love that!  Reminds me of my little twin boys....focus, Kathy, focus...!)...



Honestly, I don't love all these blocks, but as a beginner quilter it was the perfect class for learning lots of new techniques.   So much fun and so rewarding each month!  It too will join the growing pile of quilts awaiting quilting attention.  This one has a slight advantage as I have also signed up for the Craftsy class with Leah Day who will (via blogosphere) hold my hand as I quilt each block.  

Feeling much better today, thank you!  Linking up with Finish it Up Friday at crazy mom quilts and TGIFF! 

Have a great weekend!  Stay healthy!

PS OK, I know you want to see, so here are my twins and their big brother:
...about 23 years ago.   Seems like just yesterday....

9 comments:

  1. Twins! Yeesh, I can't imagine. I've got a little one (not even 3 months old!) and I can't imagine having him times TWO. Bless you, woman! Bless you!!

    Love the quilt, too. Your colors are so pretty! Love the dresden plate square. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The Dresden plate was one of the trickiest for me! But I am happy how the multi-colored one came out!

      Delete
  2. I loved seeing your BOM as I also did the same sampler (and agree totally with how adorable Amy's twins are!) Great work, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen so many samplers in books and magazines--all so serious and earnest in the color combinations. Yours are a breath of fresh air! I would never have thought of bold colors with white!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! As a rookie I just went with what made me smile...bright, clean colors with the white contrast! Now I have to decide on backing and border...definitely something fun!

      Delete
  4. I love your sampler quilt. It looks so fresh. I've been working on the same blocks but changed some of them as I chickened out on the curved piecing and didn't like a few others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally know what you mean about the curved pieces! Mine are not perfect but from a distance....they are ok!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh your quilt is really lovely!!

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to take the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...