Thursday, December 27, 2012

Second Christmas Reveal: Cat Bag!



So, remember the Cat Quilt and the story about getting all the cat fabric...well, I actually had two special cat-loving people in mind!  Immediately upon seeing this book tote pattern from City House Studio, I knew I had to make one for my wonderful, library going, cat-loving mother-in-law!  Yes, the same lady who was one of my inspirations for adventuring into this quilting thing!


Cat book titles...even some that we wish were books!




I had so much fun making this bag!  Great pattern, easy to follow.  This was my first attempt at paper piecing...slow but rewarding!  The cat fabric makes me smile...even for a dog person!  (More on this in my next post!)

PS  I have learned in my first year of quilting that a little fabric can go a LONG way.  I am thankful that I no longer have to worry about building a respectable fabric stash!  What should I do with the remaining adorable cat fabric?

1 comment:

  1. I really love this bag! I know a librarian who would love this too!! Where did you find the pattern?

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to take the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...